Today is Rockingham Cooperative Day! At our last Council meeting, we adopted the proclamation shown above in honor of Rockingham Cooperative’s 100th anniversary of its formation.
The Bridgewater branch of Rockingham Cooperative was established on July 5, 1927. Their current building opened in 1938, followed by a feed building on Depot Road in 1950. At one point, the Coop also operated a fuel station (currently Southern States) and a grocery store (now Bridgewater Fields). We congratulate Rockingham Cooperative for 100 years of serving local farmers and the greater community.